10/15/09

If You're 555...

So.. my last 9,000 posts has been about the band. So i wanted to do something different. Help me proof-read my personal narrative? It's pretty interesting. I saved someone's life actually. Ok Thanks! Here it is:

Heroes?
By Richard Stottman



It was a nice, summer afternoon. I was inside playing guitar and Xbox. All the sudden, I heard barking outside. I climbed the stairs and opened the front door. As I looked up the street, I saw three gynormous dogs jogging down the street. One of them saw me, and barked. The other two looked up at me. I thought, “This can’t be good.” They started running full speed in my direction. I was paralyzed with shock and fear. They got closer and closer until…

They ran up on my front porch, tails waging, tongues panting, and noses sniffing. I sighed a big sigh of relief. I recognized them as belonging to a neighbor, and decided to do a good deed and take them back to their home.

I called up my friends, Matt and Ty, to help me. A 100 pound thirteen year old couldn’t possible walk three one hundred-fifty pound rotwieler-mix dogs half a mile. They came over and we hooked them up on some leashes and took off.

All was going well as we were walking down the street. All of us, including the dogs, were enjoying the walk. I had never taken control over such large dogs. I felt kind of nervous. The dogs let us pet them and were great on the leashes so we gave them treats. They were really nice, or so we thought…

As we rounded the last corner, we could see the house. We were sure we could make it; but then, a lady with her little curly-haired poodle-dog came around the corner. I gulped and quickened the pace. As we got nearer, the dogs started pulling on the leashes and barking at the poodle-dog. Then, Matt screamed, “WHAT THE…!” I looked back and saw the leash ripped from his hands. “Oh, crap!” I thought as my leash was ripped out of my hands, too.

As I was sprinting up towards the lady and her poodle-dog, I watched in horror as the huge dogs began to attack. By the time I got there, the lady was holding her poodle above her head and the big dogs were jumping at her and biting her arms. I kicked at a dog. It snarled and bared it’s teeth.

Matt and Ty arrived shortly after and attempted to get the other two dogs under control. Time slowed down as the dogs circled us and the poor lady holding her dog above her head. The three big dogs kept lunging forward and Ty, Matt, and I kept kicking them back. I don’t know how long this went on; one minute, or one hour.


I thought, “WE NEED TO GET INSIDE SOMEWHERE!” I instructed the lady to go bang on one of our neighbor’s door across the street. We formed a wall behind her and escorted her there. She was hysterical. It reminded me of an escort mission in a video game.

The neighbor opened the door, took one look at the dogs and realized our terrible situation. He quickly let the lady in. We stayed on the porch. The dogs calmed down and we pushed them back into their yard and shut the gate.

Meanwhile, Chevon, the lady with the poodle-dog, and the neighbor had called Animal Control to pick up the dogs. Chevon suffered serious bites and bruising. It turned out that a disgruntled co-worker of the owner had let out the dogs out of spite. Chevon proclaimed that we were heroes. She said we most likely saved her life and most definitely her dog’s life. She gave us all $25.00 GameStop gift cards to show her gratitude. Another lady called the news and asked them to write a story.

The Animal Control worker asked us all questions and we told him our story. He took the dogs away, and no one has seen the owners since. We heard that at least one of the dogs was put down. I am glad that we were there to save Chevon and her dog, but I will never walk three huge, vicious Rotwielers down the street again.

Song of the Day:
\m/

Another post after I finish studying about the band!!! ROFL! peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment